Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley began her technical writing career as proposal writing specialist for a healthcare firm.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and she served as a faculty member of the American Management Association where she wrote and developed the methodology, learning guide, leaders' guide, workbook, and visual aids for the one-day seminar How To Write User Manuals: A Technical Writing Workshop.
Why you should Attend:
Finding the time to write your organization's technical reports, procedures, instructional guides, project updates, and even email can be a challenge. Getting employees to actually read and pay attention to them is even more of one. In addition, any technical document bearing your organization's name must be absolutely error free.
Even a careless mistake in an email can damage an employee's reputation and can make an entire work group look bad. The secret to a technical writer's success is segmenting the prewriting, writing, and rewriting phases to produce shorter, clearer, more meaningful documents.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Technical Writing for Non-Technical Employees
During this highly interactive technical writing class, participants will learn and practice preparing technical documentation in a reader-focused error-free manner, including:
Who Will Benefit:
- A proven technique for writing crystal-clear reports, including good and bad examples
- How to describe a complicated subject in clear and concise terms
- What to do when you can’t avoid using technical jargon
- How to eliminate clichés, wasted words, and “smothered verbs” in technical writing
- AUDIENCE FAVORITE: The five new guidelines for using bulleted lists in your message
- Language guidelines for better receptivity such as non-inflammatory language, gender-neutral references, and attention to tone
- How to distinguish among the prewriting, writing, and rewriting phases for reports and projects
- How to make sure technical documents with your firm’s name and seal on them are absolutely error free
- Human Resources Professionals
- Knowledge Professionals
- Administrative Professionals
- Employees Being asked to do more writing on the job than Expected
- Training Specialists
- Learning and Development Specialists
Mandi Stanley With more than 16 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is the author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.