The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Many of us have learned to avoid, rather than deal with the bullies, know-it-alls, and other difficult people on our team, because it is easier than confronting the source of the problem. But overlooking the problem is the worst thing we can do.
We all have people who push our buttons and create drama in our lives. Within our team these interactions can drain our energy, take us off track, and infect the other areas of our life.
By focusing on effective ways to work with negative and difficult people, you will be able to increase productivity, collaboration, customer service, and overall engagement.
End frustration. Act rather than re-act, and ensure a respectful, effective, and collaborate team.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Develop an understanding for those exhibiting typical difficult behaviours to effectively meet their needs and move the interactions forward
- Identify and control the impact of difficult people so that you can keep the situation from escalating further
- Increase insight and differentiate the 4 types of attitudes and understand how they develop to keep your cool in a variety of situations
- Utilize various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques and situational strategies that you can use to de-escalate and effectively handle upset people
- Learn how to gain control and handle these situations by identifying the payoff
- Uncover the secret to moving difficult conversations forward
- Know how to act, not react, in solving situations so that you can lead with more confidence, feel less stress, and gain more success in working and interacting with your team
Who Will Benefit:
- Negative attitudes and difficult behaviours decrease the ability to problem-solve, effectively communicate, and collaborate, and increases the risk of mental health issues, absenteeism, and additional difficult behaviours such as back-stabbing, finger-pointing, and gossiping
- Not dealing with negativity and difficult behaviours rob us of time and energy
- Negative attitudes and difficult behaviours are contagious and can create a toxic workplace culture
- People who can appropriately manage any negativity and difficult behaviours will create teams that can effectively collaborate and thrive through this challenge, and those organizations that try to simply ignore those people and attitudes will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.