The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
One study reported that 86% of employees plan to pursue new jobs and employee turnover is on the rise and is expected to continue to worsen over time.
In addition, over 60% of companies report having difficulty recruiting key talent. Most companies see retention as a key strategic imperative but less than half have a specific retention plan. Unfortunately most retention efforts are overly general, are expensive, and have little positive impact on turnover.
Stay/retention interviews offer a specific, targeted, and effective solution to the turnover problem. Rather than throwing money at the problem this tactic gets at the source of the retention issues by determining why each employee is likely to stay or leave and then develops an effective plan to retain valuable employees.
This webinar provides specific and useable tools for conducting stay interviews in your company. The core of the toolkit is actual interview questions in ten key areas. This process leads to a plan of action that increases the probability of retaining valuable employees.
The Retention Toolkit gets at the source of the problem and allows managers and employees to work collaboratively to create realistic plan of action.
Why you should Attend:
Participants will learn the specific steps and receive the necessary materials to conducting an effective retention interview.
Stay interviews are a proven method of decreasing turnover and increasing retention.
Turnover across the country has been increasing and is expected to continue to increase resulting in increased costs and reduced company effectiveness.
CEOs have identified employee retention as a critical business imperative and stay interviews offer a targeted and specific solution to turnover.
Stay interviews have the benefit of increasing employee motivation, engagement, development and empowerment.
Retention interviews offer a targeted process for focusing retention efforts on high impact employees.
Stay interviews identify areas of retention risk and a proactive solution for managing that risk.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Learn a system for tracking retention in relation to risk of leaving and employee performance
- Understand the real cost of turnover
- Understand the factors of why employees stay and why they leave
- Understand the cycle of a retention plan and the important metrics to measure
- Understand the link between employee satisfaction, motivation, and engagement and how it relates to stay interviews
- Learn why retention interviews are vastly superior to exit interviews
- Learn how to hold managers accountable for retention
- Learn the 5 essential communication steps in the interview process
- Understand the process of using the retention interview toolkit
- Learn how to set the stage and actually conduct an effective interview
- Receive questions linked to the 10 essential retention factors
- Receive a toolkit for actually conducting stay interviews
Participants will receive a toolkit for actually conducting stay interviews. The toolkit will contain:
Who Will Benefit:
- Supervisor's pre-interview form to set the stage for the interview
- Staff retention interview questionnaire
- Retention Interview Form with specific questions in 10 key areas including an individualized retention plan for each employee
- Retention tracking form
- HR Leadership
- Board Members
- Any leader wanting to improve performance and reduce "the wrong turnover."
Bob Verchota is owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota & Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.
Mr. Verchota provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project specific disruptions of the status quo.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, graduate degree in Healthcare Administration, and doctoral work (ABD) in Organizational Development. He is a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources.