Increasingly, the best leaders are recognizing that Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is critical for communicating and engaging with employees. However, in today's TNT - Time-Numbers-Technology - Driven and Distracted World, to truly connect and inspire, leaders also need to tap into a novel intelligence source - Humor Intelligence (HQ).
And when combined with Emotional Intelligence, you have discovered The Stress Doc's Higher Power Humor. HPH: 1) captures and sustains people's attention, 2) helps employees feel safe to give honest feedback, 3) builds an environment of trust, 4) projects leaders as role models for authenticity, exploring, and risk-taking, and 5) motivates all towards creative collaboration and "out of the box" problem-solving.
In fact, in his research on Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman found that more effective managers employ humor three times more often than less effective counterparts.
Let acclaimed speaker and webinar presenter, Mark Gorkin, the Stress Doc ™, facilitate your EQ to HQ upgrade with his "Get FIT" - FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking - Webinar or Workshop. With the Doc's Higher Power Humor, "lighten up yet get real" toolkit, you'll inspire individuals, teams, and systems to: a) laugh at their own flaws and foibles, egos and excesses, b) turn pain and loss, change and conflict into purposeful and passionate, even playful, problem-solving, c) discover how to generate liberating laughs in difficult tasks and challenging times, and d) diversely collaborate and synergize by blending individual creativity and interactive community.
Why you should Attend:
This topic is for all levels of employees and management. Increasingly, we understand that the keys to organizational productivity, motivation, and morale involve more than Digital Intelligence. We've come to recognize the importance of awareness and communication fueled by Emotional Intelligence.
And now, the Stress Doc is taking this creative consciousness/communication skillset to a new level through Humor Intelligence (HQ) that builds on Emotional Intelligence (EQ). EQ x HQ Synergy, especially a leader using Self-Effacing Humor, will enable you to grab people's attention, sustain their engagement, and boost, if not inspire their belief, commitment, and motivation.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Connecting Emotional Intelligence, Humor Intelligence, and Leadership Effectiveness
- Distinguish between Humor and Wit, Hostile and Healing Humor
- Structures, Tools, and Techniques for Becoming a Higher Power Humorist
- Discover the Stress Doc’s Compelling Tools: The New KISS and Memorable MISS
- Enhancing Empathy, Deflating Aggression, and Building Morale through Humor
- Passion Power Model: Being Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-PLAYFUL-Philosophical
- Confront Your Intimate FOE: From Fear of Exposure to Fun of Embarrassment
- Humor and the Work Team - Harnessing and Harmonizing Coordination, Morale & Productivity
- This webinar will benefit all levels of employers and leaders in the organization as it strengthens and provides creative thinking and communication tools and techniques
- The Stress Doc will also present "How To" Exercises that participants will be able to take back and apply in their companies and organizations
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is an acclaimed keynote and kickoff speaker as well as “Motivational Humorist & Team Communication Catalyst” known for his interactive, inspiring and FUN programs for both government agencies and major corporations. He proveds “Stress and Communication, as well as Managing Change, Leadership and Team Building” programs for the 1st Cavalry Division and 13th Expeditionary Support Command, Ft. Hood, Texas and for Army Community Services and Family Advocacy Programs at Ft. Meade, MD and Ft. Belvoir, VA. Mark has also had a rotation as Military & Family Life Consultant (MFLC) at Ft. Campbell, KY. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service