The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
If you have struggled with miscommunication, broken promises or dissention on your team, this is a perfect time to add a set of advanced communication tools to your leadership toolkit. If you had the power to turn your employee's attitudes around, observe behavior without judging and be crystal clear when you delegate so you are delighted with the results, how would it impact your life?
Here's one example. Do you know what percentage of our communication is nonverbal? You may gasp when you learn that 93% is nonverbal and only 7% is verbal! So when it comes to communication why do we rely on language instead of using the rest of our communication toolbox?
We will show you how to tap into the "underlying conversation" you have when you are communicating with everyone. You will see why it is so easy to make assumptions and get disappointed. You will discover how to get on the same page with your employees so trust will build on your team! You will also have simple and profound tools to "walk your talk" and earn respect as a leader.
With over three decades of partnering with clients to create sustainable business cultures and structuring their organizations to produce empowered "stakeholders" we have proven tools and strategies. Tap into our wealth of resources!
Why you should Attend:
Evolved leaders spend time to get specific before they delegate anything and they know how to verify their communication was received. They spend time observing their employees and cheering on the specific behaviors that drive results. They monitor their own facial expression and their nonverbal communication mindfully and deliberately to reinforce their message. Their actions match their words and this lifts the morale of the whole team.
The workshop topics are:
- Mastering Nonverbal Communication: Cultivating team awareness of facial expressions, posture, actions and intentions so that they
- Turning Attitudes Around: Using observed behavior to give feedback and gaining agreement. Identifying the actions and behaviors that show unwillingness or indifference
- Being Specific: Get everyone on the same page by communicating in pictures, asking questions for clarification, and setting deadlines for completion
- Rules of Engagement: Establish the behaviors, values and actions that build teamwork while respectfully honoring differences and other points of view. Establish consequences of breaking these rules and the path to getting back on track
- Build Trust & Teamwork: Everyone is valued and respected and they enjoy learning from each other. They see that their point of view is heard and they each are making a difference
We have been transforming hundreds of workplaces for over 3 decades and with that experience we know there is a great advantage to have an outside perspective to guide the way. Our cultural agility solutions will equip your Leaders. Managers, Supervisors and Team Leads with a clear path, empower your people and can create competitive advantage for your business. We help identify, define, and achieve core values and behaviors that deliver extraordinary results.
Tap into our proven framework and build a dynamic culture for high-speed collaboration, innovation and performance.
Areas Covered in the Session:
In this workshop you will experience practical and profound communication tools and strategies that you use in every area of your life. You can invite your team to join you or you can take this back and implement it with your team. Some of the topics are:
Who Will Benefit:
- What is your facial expression YELLING into the field around you and affecting your team and your customers?
- How to drain the "negativity swamp" without you triggering emotions. What can you do to make your environment consistently positive?
- How to establish Rules of Engagement to show respect and to build high levels of trust on the team
- How to "walk your talk" to earn credibility, respect and show your character
- Boost your workplace culture so you can attract and keep the best talent
- How to create this engagement and inclusion with your disbursed or hybrid work teams
- How to reinforce your healthy culture with daily communication and collaboration
- Human Resource Professionals
- Chief Learning Officer
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- Field Supervisors
- Team Leaders
Kathryn Dager, M.A., President and Founder of Profitivity Inc. in 1985, is an internationally recognized Speaker, Consultant, and Trainer for small and large organizations in all industries, worldwide. With over 36 years of business consulting, talent empowerment, and leadership and management development, she has helped hundreds of business leaders and their teams structure their business for cultural agility, higher performance, sustained profitability, and growth.
Kathryn’s expertise includes creating business cultures based on trust, developing a successful path of training for all levels from the front line employees up to senior management positions, facilitating collaborative work teams, and positioning organizations for exponential growth. Her specialties include strategy and culture, change management, employee engagement, team building, career management, leadership assessment, and development. Her clients call her “the workplace whisperer.”
Her clients include American Express • Ann Taylor • Bank Of America •Ben Bridge Jewelers • Brighton Collectibles • Champion Sports • Covington Pediatrics • Crate & Barrel • Dixon, Hughes, Goodman, LLC • Eddie Bauer • First Tennessee Bank • GAP • Gymboree• Hometown Pharmacies • Hudson Group •J.C. Penney • Kitchen Collection • Lindt & Sprungli • Magnolia Pharmacy • MasterCard International. •Mikasa • Optilase Clinic • Party City • Polo-Ralph Lauren • Restoration Hardware • Ross Stores •Steiner Leisure, Ltd. • Taco Bell • The Law Collaborative • Thérapie Clinic • UCLA Student's Stores • • US Marine Corps • VONS Company • Windsor Fashions • Z Gallerie.
Kathryn is the best-selling author of "The Business Owner’s Guide To Empowered Leadership,” “More Than A Throw-Away Job” and “Access Your Greatness.” She has created hundreds of customized training systems, and 20 interactive online courses and published over 50 articles. She has a Masters's in Psychology from the University of Santa Monica and a Bachelor’s in Business Management from the University of California at Redlands and is a Certified Coach from Life Mastery Institute. She is also a certified Master in NLP, Neuro Re-Patterning, Results Certification, and Platform & Presentation Skills
Kathryn resides in Santa Monica, California, and is happily engaged to be married, is a devoted mother to her daughter, son-in-law, and grandmother to her adorable grandson. She loves to cook, entertain, play golf, travel, and does all things crafts and if you ask her, she may sing a great show tune for you.