The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
The costs of not complying are high. Compliance is actually easy if you know what to do. Unfortunately, many organizations do not take the time to learn how to properly complete an I-9 form. The forms are also changed every few years.
The presenter has conducted hundreds of I-9 audits.
The number of companies that were totally in compliance in 18 years of conducting I-9 Audits is a big fat ZERO.
It is vital that companies get a sense of their compliance picture, asking:
Why should you Attend:
- Are we using the correct Form I-9s?
- Do we and did we fill out the forms correctly?
- Do we copy the documents?
- Can we still hire employees who do not have proper documents?
- What can we communicate to our employees?
- How do we fix it?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- The importance of understanding the requirements for completing I-9 Forms
- The importance of the timeliness of completing I-9 forms
- Determining best practices for Electronic Recordkeeping of I-9 Forms
- Developing a follow-up mechanism for temporary work authorizations
- The differences between E-Verify and I-9 record keeping requirements
- Fines and penalties for non compliance
- Conducting an I-9 Audit
Who Will Benefit:
- Using the correct form
- Penalties for not completing I-9's Correctly or in a Timely Manner
- Determining if you want to use the “Smart” electronic I-9 or continue using paper and pen
- Completing I-9's for Remote Employees
- Understanding I-9 Retention Requirements
- Conducting an Internal Audit
- Attaining Peace of Mind
- Next Steps
- Human Resources Professionals
- Employees required to sign up or the onboarding of new Employees
- Payroll Administrators
- Individuals responsible for maintaining Personnel files
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.