The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
This webinar will help employers understand how to comply with the Form I-9 process, avoid fines for non-compliance, and understand key requirements to aid in efforts to maintain compliance.
Why you should Attend:
Your company has been notified by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that it will be the subject of a random I-9 audit.
- Are you prepared?
- Have you conducted self-audits on a regular basis?
- Do you feel confident you have an I-9 completed for all your employees and that they are completed properly?
Federal immigration law requiring companies to keep a Form I-9 for all employees has become a critical and timely issue as many businesses across the country are finding themselves subject to inspections from the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, or the Department of Labor. Failure to meet immigration legal obligations can cause your company to be the subject of steep fines and could also result in criminal and civil liability.
The information provided during this webinar will help employers overcome Form I-9-related challenges, learn how to perform self-audits, and understand key requirements to aid in efforts in maintaining compliance.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What is Form I-9?
- Who must comply with Form I-9 requirements?
- Form I-9 versus the e-Verify program
- Proper Form I-9 completion
- Documentation used to verify identity and employment eligibility
- Performing Form I-9 self-audits
- Who should conduct your company’s self-audit?
- How often should you audit your Form I-9s?
- Common and costly errors and omissions
- Correcting Form I-9 errors
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) audits
- I-9 Recordkeeping
- Consequences of non-compliance
Who Will Benefit:
- Mastering Form I-9 completion, storage, and retention protocols
- Evaluating documentation, spotting missing or inaccurate information, and legally correcting errors when performing a self-audit
- Preparing your company in the event ICE issues a Notice of Inspection (NOI)
- Understanding the differences between Form I-9 and the e-Verify program
- E-Verify pitfalls to avoid
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resources Professionals
- Line Managers & Supervisors
- Compliance Professionals
- Operations Professionals
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane's background includes experience in HR consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments. Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane's leadership, Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Additionally, Diane conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR topics for various training firms across the country.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR, SHRM-SCP, sHRBP and HRPM® certification.
Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.