Question: What do Marriott, USAA, Cisco Systems, Kronos, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and Southwest Airlines all have in common?
Answer: Because they have company cultures in which employees LOVE to come to work. They regularly appear on Best Places To Work lists published by the likes of Fortune, Glass Door, Forbes., and Inc. Magazine.
"So What?" you say. "These companies may be awesome, but I don’t have the power the CEOs of these companies have to create such cultures."
Answer: It doesn’t matter. Pay, perks, gourmet cafeterias, and on-site ping pong tables have little to do with it. How employees are led, however, does. This webinar will show you how to lead your team like Best Places To Work companies are led so everyone will work harder, enjoy their jobs more, and stay loyal longer.
What Makes This Webinar Different?
This webinar is designed for Everyday Frontline Leaders, not for CEOs, upper managers, or executives, although those folks may want to sit in to support the efforts of their Everyday Frontline Leaders.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Why should you Attend:
- The six most important actions a manager can take to keep team members motivated - and none of them cost money
- The advantages and limitations of perks & benefits - and how to apply them effectively.
- Proven tactics to improve productivity and engagement - based on established research, these tactics really work.
- How to create a climate of trust, which, according to research leads to higher productivity, lower employee turnover, and increased customer referrals.
- Strategies to build morale and increase excitement.
- Lessons Learned from Google and Other Best Places to Work.
- How to motivate your team without money.
- How to become the manager everyone wants to work for.
- Lessons learned from the worst manager you ever had.
- Getting bad Apple employees back on the company bandwagon.
- Performance feedback do’s and don’ts: strategies to maintain morale.
- The biggest killers of employee trust and how to avoid them.
As managers, we all want our teams to excel - to be the very best they can be. If you want your team to produce more, serve customers better, work together more smoothly, and quit less, this webinar is for you. If you want to be the kind of boss everybody wants to work for, this webinar is for you. If you want to raise the odds your team will succeed and your career will blossom, this is the webinar for you.
According to research by Gallup, “70% of the variance in team engagement is determined solely by the manager.” This means you, as a manager affect virtually every part of your team's success. Based on solid scientific principles and proven performance, you will learn to use tools and techniques that will transform your team into a positive and productive powerhouse.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Implement lessons learned from Google and other Best Places to Work.
- Apply tactics to improve productivity and engagement.
- Motivate your team without money.
- Raise productivity.
- Reduce employee turnover.
- Energize yourself and your team.
- Become the boss for whom everyone wants to work.
- Implement a list of Dos & Don’ts every manager/supervisor should practice.
- Anyone who is a Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager - or wants to be one.
Larry Johnson , CSP is the co-author of two top-selling books: Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity and Generations Inc. – From Boomers To Linksters – Managing The Friction Between Generations At Work. He’s also written for Huffington Post and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review. He has been interviewed on CNN. Larry has written more than 200 published articles on the topic of improving organizational culture.
An in-demand speaker and organization culture expert, Larry has delivered more than 2000 paid presentations for association conferences, corporations, and government organizations including Texas Apartment Association, American Bus Association, SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management), National Apartment Association, American Health Care Association, Harley-Davidson, Southwest Airlines, Westinghouse and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
He’s also presented more than 300 webinars for his own clients and for various webinar companies.
Larry’s Education & Designation
• M.A. Counseling Psychology - Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff AZ
• B.A. Education - Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
• CSP - Certified Speaking Professional from the National Speakers Association
• 4 years in health care management
• 7 years as training manager in government and the private sector
• 35 years as president of his own training and consulting firm