The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Interpersonal communication skills can be challenging to develop, and they take conscious effort and ongoing practice to improve. During chaos, crisis, and turmoil our team communications skills can be tested and if not focused on, can lead to negativity, distrust, misunderstandings, conflict, and increased stress.
Strong, effective interpersonal communication skills can create a sense of stability and predictability, lower stress and anxiety, and build trust and creativity.
This webinar highlights the interpersonal communication skills that are needed today during these times of uncertainty and change so that we can develop a productive, collaborative and healthy work environment.
Participants will develop the skills, tools and strategies to interact in a respectful and successful way with their teams. It will address insights into dealing with interpersonal conflict and managing communication during times of change.
Why you should Attend:
Many of our teams were having difficulty coping with stress long before COVID-19 came along. Now we are seeing that this stress is heightened even further, and our team communication skills may be breaking down.
It’s not about more meetings.
Communication is more than just the volume of messages that we are sending out during crisis. We know that many of our remote workers are feeling overwhelmed with the volume of emails and meetings during this pandemic, yet are feeling uninformed, left behind, or isolated.
The key is to recognize what effective communication looks like, and how to deliver and connect during times of crisis and physical distancing.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Everyone has a communication bias
- Every word has a different meaning to different people and these are coloured by people's values and background
- It is difficult to get total clarity
In this webinar, participants will:
Who Will Benefit:
- Understand more about the various barriers to good communication during crisis including:
- Physical barriers, such as not being unable to see or hear the speaker properly, or language difficulties such as being on the phone or through email
- Emotional barriers, such as not wanting to hear what is being said or engage in that discussion and how various emotions can get in the way of communicating, including anger and aggression, or stress
- Expectations and prejudices that affect what people see and hear
- Difficult Conversations, such as when you must have an unpleasant conversation with a team member
- Analyze what communication styles and persuasion strategies are your preferred techniques and evaluate what other strategies might be helpful in adding to your repertoire
- Understand how issues in communication can be based on differences in values, beliefs, and expectations
- Learn how problem-solving techniques can be employed to resolve conflicts and disagreements
- Develop an understanding for those exhibiting negative communications and behaviours during change and chaos to effectively meet their needs and move the interactions forward
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.