The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Is your corporate culture a result of thoughtful intention or merely a byproduct of chance? Are your company values at risk of being reduced to empty words on a wall? Research reveals that people are unlikely to apply to a company unless its values align with their own, and a majority would consider seeking new opportunities if their company's culture deteriorated.
Company culture is a vital aspect of any business, influencing everything from attracting top talent to enhancing employee satisfaction. It serves as the foundation for a highly effective workforce. So, how can you ensure a positive and engaging workplace culture?
The adage "You get what you tolerate" rings true. Culture cannot be imposed; it must be nurtured and approached with intention. Companies with strong corporate cultures experience reduced employee stress, increased engagement, and improved performance. As leaders grapple with combating toxicity and elevating engagement, they must reimagine how they shape and foster a culture that empowers individuals around a shared purpose. An exceptional culture facilitates continuous alignment with the organization's mission, vision, goals, and values.
In the workshop participants will learn how to develop clear rules of engagement that promote psychological safety, shared purpose, and job satisfaction. They will discover the pivotal role of effective communication in establishing these rules, including setting expectations and recognizing contributions. Attendees will uncover the keys to nurturing a great company culture, where employees eagerly come to work because they know what is expected of them.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Gain insights to intentionally shape and nurture a positive workplace culture
- Avoid the fear of an unintentional or ineffective culture development process
- Stop losing valuable employees
- Become a productive and effective leader that promotes growth and engagement within their team
- Culture must be employee-driven, not employer-driven
- People embody and live the company's values
- The world and our people have changed; culture must adapt
- Every word and action has a positive or negative impact on culture
- Understanding individual values helps define the rules of engagement
- Being able effectively state the values and the rules of engagement within your team assists with building the culture that you desire
- Your company's core values are more than words on a page. They are the building blocks of your culture and your North Star
- Relevant values close the gap between good intentions and good practice
- The Rules of Engagement determine the appropriate behaviour for both management and workers in the course of doing business
- Evaluate their current culture through essential needs such as respect, appreciation, empowerment, connection, accountability, and growth
- Understand why some cultures thrive while others languish
- Discover the role leaders play in cultivating thriving cultures
- Attach meaningful definitions to values for accountable living
- Recognize how clearly defined Rules of Engagement decrease toxicity, uncertainty, and burnout while increasing confidence, engagement, and satisfaction
- Develop the mindset, skills, and recognition programs necessary to support a lived culture every day
- Attract Top Talent: Create a positive workplace culture that aligns with the values of potential employees, increasing your ability to attract and retain top talent
- Enhance Employee Satisfaction: Cultivate a culture that addresses essential needs such as respect, appreciation, empowerment, connection, accountability, and growth, leading to higher levels of employee satisfaction
- Improve Performance: By intentionally shaping your corporate culture and aligning it with individual values, you can improve overall organizational performance and productivity
- Drive Engagement: Develop clear rules of engagement that promote psychological safety, shared purpose, and job satisfaction, resulting in higher levels of employee engagement and commitment
- Foster Effective Communication: Understand the pivotal role of effective communication in establishing the rules of engagement, including setting expectations and recognizing contributions, leading to improved team dynamics and collaboration
- Cultivate a Thriving Culture: Uncover the keys to nurturing a great company culture, where employees eagerly come to work because they know what is expected of them, creating an environment where people love to work
- Increase Confidence and Satisfaction: By recognizing and meeting the essential needs of your team, including respect, appreciation, empowerment, connection, accountability, and growth, you decrease toxicity, uncertainty, and burnout while increasing confidence, engagement, and satisfaction
- Support Leadership Development: Discover the role leaders play in cultivating thriving cultures and develop the mindset, skills, and recognition programs necessary to support a lived culture every day
- Align Values and Actions: Attach meaningful definitions to values and effectively communicate them within your team, bridging the gap between good intentions and good practice, resulting in a culture that embodies and lives the company's values
- Long-Term Success: Investing in intentionally shaping your corporate culture and developing clear rules of engagement sets the foundation for long-term success, creating a workplace environment that drives success, engagement, and satisfaction
Join this workshop to create a workplace where people love to work, resulting in a highly engaged and successful organization.
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.