The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Join us to find out the latest trends in career development programs. In addition to helping your company build bench strength and enable business plan execution, an effective career development system helps you attract top talent, increase employee engagement, and retain great people.
Join us to learn how to implement a highly effective career development program that provides the most innovative tools and software for helping your employees take charge of their careers and helps you develop internal candidates for those hard-to-fill positions.
Why should you Attend:
Establishing a development culture and providing employees with the tools they need to support their career planning is absolutely essential for your company to compete successfully for critical talent and generate the strongest possible ROI on your human capital investment.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- How to create a shared understanding and definition of career development in your organization
- The components that are included in a successful career development program
- How to get managers to support career development, have career conversations, and develop people on the job
- How to motivate employees to take consistent ownership for their own career development
- Recommendations for job-related online career assessments
- Content to include in a self-service career development website portal
- Specific career development approaches for Gen Y employees
- Case Studies: Consumer Products, Healthcare and Technology
- Financial outcomes from implementing effective career development programs
- Diversity Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Training Professionals
Lyric Fortson Born and raised in Colorado, Lyric is a second year Industrial Organizational Psychology Masters student at San Jose State University. She is currently conducting research on employee turnover amongst early career employees. She has held previous roles as an HR Business Partner and HR Specialist Intern at Fortune 1000 companies.
At ITS, Lyric is a Talent Management Specialist where she helps run the Client Care team, co-facilitates client sessions, and manages projects. In her free times she enjoys sipping wine and running with her dog.