The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
On August 1, 2023, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Citizens and Immigration Services (USCIS) released the long awaited NEW version on the I-9 form along with updated regulations for completing the it. Some changes include allowing remote document verification but only if additional regulations are met.
The cost of not properly completing I-9 forms can be very high.
This means increased fines for violators. In addition to increasing the number of inspections, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has also nearly doubled the fines for incorrect I-9 forms to $272 to $2,701 per incorrect I-9 form. The amount of the fine depends upon the percentage of incorrect I-9 forms.
Compliance is actually easy if you know what to do. Unfortunately, many organizations do not take the time to learn how to properly complete an I-9 form or do not train the people responsible for completing them. The forms are also changed every few years.
Don’t let your company become a statistic by attending this webinar.
Why should you Attend:
The number of companies that were totally in compliance in the presenter’s 20+ years of conducting I-9 Audits is a big fat ZERO.
It is vital that companies get a sense of their compliance picture by ensuring they are:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Using the correct Form I-9’s - (a copy of the new form will be provided to participants)
- Filling out the forms correctly and completely
- Copying the correct documents and determining if it is necessary to copy documents at all
- Keeping proper records
- Updating temporary work visas
- Not hiring employees who do not have proper documents
- Communicating properly to employees and new hires?
- Auditing their I-9’s and know how to make corrections
Who Will Benefit:
- ICE Worksite Investigations Have Surged
- Recent Penalties for Non-Compliance
- Employer Responsibilities
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Covid-19 Extensions
- Review of The New I-9 Form
- Implementing a Follow-Up for Temporary Work Authorizations
- Determining Internal Practices on Retaining I-9 Forms
- Conducting a Self Audit and Correcting Mistakes
- Action Items
- Human Resources Professionals
- Employees required to sign up or the onboarding of new employees
- Payroll administrators
- Individuals responsible for maintaining personnel files
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.