The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is one of the most misunderstood employment laws in the country. Basically, it governs the payment of wages and who must be paid overtime.
To make things more confusing, the Department of Labor has implemented a number of exemptions to the requirement to pay overtime such as the White Collar Exemptions and the 7(i) exemption for retail and service establishments.
Why should you Attend:
- Gain an understanding of the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Know the White Collar Exemptions and how they are determined
- Know the minimum wage in areas in which your organization operates
- Know the common mistakes of non-compliance and how to avoid them
- When to pay for training, travel time, meal breaks or employees on-call
- Get an update on the New Regulations that went into effect on January 1, 2020
Maintaining compliance is critical to your business. Failing to do so can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The FLSA is a Federal Law, but employers must know that many states, municipalities and any type of governmental contract may have their own rules regarding minimum wage and overtime.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- The Primary Provisions of the Federal Labor Standards Act
- Tests to Determine if a Position Qualifies for a White Collar Exemption
- Other Exemptions Your Organization May Want to Consider
- Computing overtime pay for multiple pay rates
- Treatment of Meal Breaks, Travel, Training and Time Spent On-Call
- Minimum Wage Requirements by State and Contract
- Recordkeeping and Posting Requirements
- What's Going to Get You in Trouble?
- A Review of the New Regulations
- Human Resources Professionals
- HR Managers
- HR Administrator
- HR Staff
- Small Business Owners
- Non-Profit Administrators
- General Managers
- Office Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.