The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
With just over one in ten adults experiencing Depression, at some point in their life, we are seeing that this crisis is making it even more difficult for many of our employees to effectively carry on.
For those that are coping with the blues and Depression, you will see their productivity decrease and they will fail to positively engage in their job, which can in return make them even more depressed.
The key is to recognize when our normal blues has escalated into a possible mood disorder.
This webinar will help HR Professionals and organization leaders to understand mood, blues, and Depression and utilize the A-L-E-C model for providing needed support and understanding.
Why you should Attend:
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19), you are probably seeing employees who may be experiencing signs of the blues and depression. Research shows that it is normal to feel the blues during this crisis, but when that low mood and energy begins to take control and keep your employees from performing their normal activities, it becomes a serious issue.
Successful leaders recognize the depression indicators and look for ways to protect the psychological health of their employees, while those leaders who ignore these psychological health needs, will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Key Messages:
- There is a mental health continuum that we all move along, and it is dynamic as we experience stress, challenge, and crisis
- It is normal to feel sadness and the blues during crisis, but when that low mood or energy begins to take control and prevent performing normal activities, it becomes a serious mental health issue
- Successful leaders recognize the depression indicators and look for ways to protect the psychological health of their employees, while those leaders who ignore these psychological health needs, will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive
- Participants Will:
- Increase your knowledge of the signs and symptoms of the blues and Depression in order to recognize the early warning signs of someone that may be at risk
- Improve comfort in addressing depression issues in the workplace using a Supportive Conversations Action Plan in order to effectively encourage support and help
- Validate and direct those experiencing Depression to helpful resources in order to minimize the negative impact that this illness can have on the individual, their family, and their livelihood
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.