The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
TrainHRLearning is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
It is normal to feel the blues during change and crisis, but when that low mood and energy begins to take control and keep your employees from performing their normal activities, it becomes a serious issue. Just over one in ten adults will experience Depression at some point in their life.
How do you help your colleagues who may be feeling sad, withdrawn, and hopeless? Discover the subtleties around mood, blues, and Depression and learn how to utilize the A-L-E-C model for providing needed support and understanding in a caring, compassionate, and confident way.
Why you should Attend:
With just over one in ten adults experiencing Depression, at some point in their life, we are seeing that this crisis is making it even more difficult for many of our employees to effectively carry on. For those that are coping with the blues and Depression, you will see their productivity decrease and they will fail to positively engage in their job, which can in turn make them even more depressed.
Successful people can recognize when the normal blues due to uncertainty and crisis, has escalated into a potential mental health issue.
Discover the subtleties around mood, blues, and Depression, and learn how to utilize the A-L-E-C model for providing needed support and understanding.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- There is a mental health continuum that we all move along, and it is dynamic as we experience stress, challenge, and crisis
- It is normal to feel sadness and the blues during the crisis, but when that low mood or energy begins to take control and prevent performing normal activities, it becomes a serious mental health issue
- Successful people recognize the depression indicators and look for ways to protect the psychological health of their employees, while those who ignore these psychological health needs, will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive
Who Will Benefit:
- Increase your knowledge of the signs and symptoms of the blues and Depression to recognize the early warning signs of someone that may be at risk
- Improve comfort in addressing depression issues in the workplace using a Supportive Conversations Action Plan to effectively encourage support and help
- Validate and direct those experiencing Depression to helpful resources to minimize the negative impact that this illness can have on the individual, their family, and their livelihood
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.