In a TNT - Time-Numbers-Technology - Driven & Distracted World, as a leader, focusing and holding people’s attention is critical.
More than ever, it’s not what you say but how you say it…in a manner that directs and engages, if not captivates.
And can you do this without always playing the authority trump card? Which leads to two vital questions: Are You Being Heard or Just Making Noise? Do you exercise the Triple “A” of Personal & Organizational Responsibility: Authority, Autonomy & Accountability? And in a diverse workplace, do you create Accessibility? Have no fear Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, the Stress Doc ™ is here with this “Get FIT” - FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking - program!
Learn how to: grab attention, listen actively-reflectively and ask “good questions,” and set vital boundaries with affirming yet trust-building tools. Become a more arousing leader and compelling communicator.
Experience ways to create a more participatory team. And finally, discover why self-effacing, healing humor combined with shared stories is great way to reduce status differential and create an inclusive-intimate bond.
Why you should Attend:
This webinar is for all individuals who wish to deliver leadership substance and style that connects with, motivates, and even inspires a diverse workplace.
In a world that’s always on and constantly being distracted, one can easily lose touch with your employees. To sustain attention, performance focus, and team morale a leader must engage the head and the heart, high-task and human touch.
He or she must know how to be “TnT – Tough & Tender,” to be authentic, vulnerable, and fearless. It is also for those desiring tools and techniques for being high impact-communicators whether at a team or all-hands meeting, in a boardroom or at a conference.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Define and Differentiate being "Compelling" vs. "Captivating"
- Discover the power of thought-provoking language and the art of surprise to quickly focus attention and involvement
- Discover the Five "A"s of Arousing, Connecting & Energizing (ACE) Communication-Leadership: Attention-Anticipation-Animation-Activation-Actualization
- Discover the Stress Doc's New KISS (Keep It Short & Smart) and Memorable MISS (Make It Sassy & Surprising) and other attention-grabbing, listening & questioning (CPRS), and affirming yet trust-building tools
- Discover and bring to life the Doc's Passion Power Model & Method (including the Higher Power of Humor) transform the "Intimate FOE" through story-telling
- Discover "Ten Keys for Inclusive & Participatory Teaming"
- Individuals, teams, and the organization as a whole benefit when you have high task and human touch communicators
- These head and heart communicators not only know how to dynamically present ideas but, most important, encourage diverse and collaborative - "Helmet's Off” - engagement and problem-solving
- Systems become more creative and interactive communities when leaders know how to "say it and engage it."
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is an acclaimed keynote and kickoff speaker as well as “Motivational Humorist & Team Communication Catalyst” known for his interactive, inspiring and FUN programs for both government agencies and major corporations. He proveds “Stress and Communication, as well as Managing Change, Leadership and Team Building” programs for the 1st Cavalry Division and 13th Expeditionary Support Command, Ft. Hood, Texas and for Army Community Services and Family Advocacy Programs at Ft. Meade, MD and Ft. Belvoir, VA. Mark has also had a rotation as Military & Family Life Consultant (MFLC) at Ft. Campbell, KY. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service