Would you like to become an effective manager without spending week after week on the job management training?
If the answer is YES, you have come to the right place. This Webinar teaches you how to become an even more effective manager in ninety minutes. The Webinar material is based entirely on Ken Blanchard's phenomenal bestselling classic, The One Minute Manager. This is a concise, easily read story that reveals three very practical secrets towards becoming an effective manager: One Minute Goals, One Minute Praisings, and One Minute Reprimands.
We will address the principles and lessons behind effective managing. This Webinar will help you become familiar with The One Minute Manager's techniques, increasing your productivity, job satisfaction, and personal prosperity.
Who would you like to influence more effectively: Your manager? Co-workers? Employees? Key customers? Suppliers? Whether you need to influence someone to go along with your ideas, to make and keep commitments, to help you complete a task, or to work in a team, your success depends on using your personal power and communication skills. This fast-paced workshop will sharpen your skills for influencing and persuading others. You will learn to create rapport, ask directly, listen effectively, and use proven interpersonal skills to improve your effectiveness with individuals and with groups.
The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge?
Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision-maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting-or worse, going back to your desk to see what voice mails and emails await you? If you’re doing more and enjoying it less, it’s time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This seminar gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
Why you should Attend:
Why should one attend this webinar?
By participating, you will be able to more effectively:
- Utilize the three secrets of the One Minute Manager
- Communicate using your individual style
- Manage all different levels of performers
- Understand resistance and how to deal with it
- Achieve better results through more effective planning and clarifying objectives
- Delegate effectively and free yourself for bigger tasks
- Set group goals and priorities
- Eliminate the time wasters
- Handle interruptions and distractions
- Say no to unreasonable demands
- Redirect your efforts to the most important and valid tasks
- Make sure there is time in the day for you
- Learn strategies to improve concentration and increase your efficiency
Would you like to manage more effectively?
Would you like to understand a process for managing more effectively which can be implemented in 60-second increments?
What about being able to persuade and influence others more effectively?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance!
Areas Covered in the Session:
What We Will Address
- The Search
- The One Minute Manager
- The First Secret: One Minute Goals
- One Minute Goals: Summary
- The Second Secret: One Minute Praisings
- One Minute Praisings: Summary
- The Appraisal
- The Third Secret: One Minute Reprimands
- One Minute Reprimands: Summary
- The One Minute Manager Explains:
- Why One Minute Goals Work
- Why One Minute Praisings Work
- Why One Minute Reprimands Work
- Approaches to influence
- Identifying your style
- Pros & Cons of each style
- Skills needed for each
PLAN TO INFLUENCE
- What do you need/want?
- Defining objectives
- Clarifying your values
- The key skill for rapport
- What to notice in others
- Matching perceptions
EXPECTATIONS & RESULTS
- Self-fulfilling prophecy
- Your expectations of self & others
- How do you listen now?
- Risks & roadblocks
- Active Listening Skills
- Adding Empathy
- Assessing the other(s)
- What do I want from them?
- How to ask for it
- What did I learn?
- Win-lose approaches
- Win-win approaches
- How to recognize each style
- Practice exercise· Some Do's & Don'ts
- Body Language
INFLUENCE IN GROUPS
- Influence and leadership
- Task-related behaviors
- Relationship behaviors
- Behaviors that help in both areas
- Counterproductive actions to avoid
- Guidelines & reminders
- Follow-up report
Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify timewasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions-both self- and other-imposed
Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about "the window of opportunity" to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say "yes" and when to say "no"
- Say "yes" to yourself...by saying "no" to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan -it's up to you!
Setting SMART Goals
Who Will Benefit:
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the Plan
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, "90 Days to a High-Performance Team", published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues.
He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster's International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation.
He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.